Hello, hello, hello! Welcome to another episode of… Did you practice? ’cause if not, go practice. Close you window right now. But if you have practiced, join us. We’re about to review some people – that clearly didn’t practice.
– Wa ha ha! Is this gonna be a roast video? I don’t know. Maybe a gentle… – Gentle-
– Simmer of steamboat- simmer- That doesn’t make- Alright, I don’t cook. First one. Vanessa Hudgens. Brett, do you know who Vanessa- Just copy it. Brett, do you know how to copy and paste? Do you know who Vanessa Hudgens is? I guess she’s a… famous… celebrity? She’s in the movie called Pitch Perfect. I don’t want- I don’t even wanna press play. Haven’t even pressed play yet, and what is that? Brett: Dude, that bow hold. Dude, why those fingernails!? Nooooo… No… they’re too- You can’t play cello with those fingernails! This isn’t even funny!
– Ka-ching! Ka-ching! – They’re gonna dig into the fingernail- the nail board.
– Poor cello. Brett: That cello looks kind of legit as well, you know. It’s not even off the stand! She has a stand in case- The producer’s like “We need to return this cello, so you can’t drop it.” “So we’re gonna leave it on the stand. ” Okay, first of all, like… She looks like, from this image, she’s wearing a tight dress, so her legs are together. And so she’s playing the cello outside her legs. Yes, they really thought this through, have they? Yeah, cellos have to go between the legs. Yes. Which means you probably should wear something that allows her – to put the cello in between her legs.
– To put something in between her legs. Yes. This sounds oddly suggestive, but that’s not where we’re going. – Yeah.
– This is Yes. So I know this is a violin, but just to demonstrate. Between the legs. Not here. The bow hold is not like this. Check out the video where we try to learn the cello. But even in like 1 minute, – we were able to learn to do this.
– Yeah. Put it here. And between the bridge and the fingerboard, please. – Please, guys.
– It takes about 2 minutes- – Obviously, it takes a long time…
– To learn. – to learn how to sound good.
– Yeah. But it takes about 2 minutes to know you should relax, put it here in between. Yeah. – That’s right.
– That’s the basics of the beginner. Is it just me, or is her eyes like red? Eddy: She looks so tired.
Brett: Yeah, she’s like… “Why am I doing this?” Well, there you go! I’m glad they kept it at 10 seconds. – Yeah, ha ha!
– This one was pretty… pretty uh… They maximised the time you should… kinda watch- be looking at that for. I think 10 seconds is the limit. – Yeah.
– to that type of sacrilegious playing. Mhm. – Next.
– Next one. “Zendaya” Who’s… Do you know? – Nah.
– Okay. Okay, here we go. Why does she go down like that? I mean… it’s got style I guess? Yeah. To be fair, that’s probably what we would sound like – if we try to learn a bassoon.
– Yeah. But um… Nice leg splits. Vanessa Hudgens should learn from her. Yeah, ha ha ha! Next we have Mackenzie Ziegler learning the timpani. I don’t know who she is. Oh my god! That’s so loud! What did you expect? That’s all she did. (both) I mean… – That’s not-
– There’s not much else you can do on a timpani. OHHHH!!! I didn’t know how hard it is for timpanis to… They actually have pedals. For those of you that don’t know, – there’s different timpani tune.
– Oh, pitches also change. Yeah, and you can actually change the pitch of a timpani by pressing the pedals. – But it’s actually quite hard.
– Yeah. And so sometimes you’ll see in a symphony performance. If the composer requires the timpani to change pitch, they actually lie down on the timpani like this. And then just gently tune it. – Dong, dong, dong…
– That’s what they’re doing. – Yeah, to hear the pitch.
– Yeah. I mean, I wish she did it for longer, too. – It was so short.
– Yeah, I know. That’s not enough for us to… – add our commentaries.
– Yes, our… …constructive commentary. “Lele Pons tries to…” First of all, I mean, I’m not a percussionist. But is that a marching band drum? Or is that a snare drum? I’m actually not sure. I wanna check that. Yeah. Yeah, there’s no such thing as a marching band drum! That’s a marching snare drum. Does it say a marching snare? – Snare drum.
– Is that what it said? I’m pretty sure it’s a snare. It’s just a snare drum. There’s a lot of different drums in the marching band. There’s a bass. There’s snares. – Marching band drum.
– I mean, I don’t know much about percussion at all, so I might get a percussionist to check this afterwards. – Yeah, ha ha ha! Yeah.
– But I’m pretty sure that’s a snare drum. – Anyway.
– We’ll roll with that one. Okay, you know what, I’m gonna do it again. But I’m gonna do it now like actually screaming out things that I hate. Alright? Alright, alright, let’s go. – Oh really? I want to watch.
– Nah, I’m just joking. Did you hear what I said? I don’t know, man. I mean, was that supposed to be funny? I… – Oh my god…
– Are these all from the same dudes? Yeah, who are these Allure guys? They are really pushing the limits here. Dude- Guys, keep it like… PG please. Like… That music had no trombone in it. Yeah, like why the choice of music there? There’s a slidy thing… – You hold in your hand in the middle.
– that you’re meant to hold like this. You’re not meant to hold it like… Like that. – You know what I mean? Like…
– Yeah. – It should be inside.
– It is like a equivalent of this. – Something like this that you do.
– Should be like that. Yeah. – You’re not meant to do…
– Yeah. God… Okay. That just sounds like a fart to me. I don’t- Okay. That’s all my pipes. That’s all my pipes, too. Whatever that means. Brett: Yeah ha ha ha ha… Who’s Emma Chamberlain? Is that the YouTuber? Oh, that’s the YouTuber that went to LV. – Oh, it is, right?
– It is. (“Don’t Touch This.”) (Oh “Can’t Touch This!”) Can you guess? Okay. Guess. Ready, ready? STOP SINGING and listen! Oh! Come on! Did he get it? I don’t think so. That was actually audible.
(Brett singing “Row, Row, Row Your Boat) (Edd singing “Row, Row, Row Your Boat) For someone that doesn’t play a string instrument, at least he got a pitch out of it. He’s put the bow between the bridge – and the fingerboard!
– Whoa… Dude, in comparison to the others we just saw, this is a lot better. Thank you, Jimmy. I’m glad you watched our videos, Jimmy. Yes. Gosh, this is heavy! Hold on to that- No no nO NO!! Oh boy… Brett: Hey, but it looks alright. Like oh… Okay. – Dude, the band member’s face is like
– It’s just like… “Done this for too many years.” “I’m sick of your jokes.” Alright, can we please make a public announcement right now? Yes. The chin rest is on this side which may make many beginners think… the violin goes on this side. which is my right side in case things are mirrored. I don’t know how YouTube works. But! For everyone in the world to hear right now, so this never gets repeated again. The violin sits on the left collarbone. It does not move, it will never change again! Even if you are left-handed, No, you don’t play a left-handed violin – on the right side.
– Yeah. We don’t care what your preference is. Yes. Left hand goes here. Right hand holds the bow. Please, let’s just make this like… Very clear. It takes about 10 seconds to know this fact and you’re done. Just 10 SECONDS! VIOLIN’S ON THIS SIDE! Keep it there and that’s it! (Wait, what are you playing?) You know what? This would sound better if I licked it. At least she’s self-aware. Yeah, ha ha ha… Hey, guys. I think you can get this. It’s so easy. Duh. Duh. Oh! Uh… Billie Eilish! – Billie Eilish!
– Yes! Oh, oh, yeah! Yeah, scripted comedy. Yeah, yeah!
– Yeah, yeah, yeah! Alright, last one. Let’s go. Jimmy: Is that a violin or is that a fiddle? It’s a violin. – Can she get on the right side?
– WHOAAAAA!! – OOOH!! She got on the right side!
– WHOAAAAA!! OH NO!! – She got the bow on the wrong side!
– Oh, the bow… We were so excited when I “Yeah! She got it right!” – Dude, the bow just…
– And then she… I thought she was trying to put her hand on here. – Yeah.
– But then she was like… *Sike!* Alright. She flipped it back. Oh, she flipped it back. – Okay, guys *mumbles* heart attack.
– Thank you, Zooey- – Zoey? Zooey? Zooey.
– Zooey, Zoey Deschanel. Yes, that’s the first note of the Tchaikovsky Violin Concerto. Ha ha ha ha, nice! Eddy: Hey, at least she’s got like a fingering like how- Brett: Yeah, and she knows where to put it. Eddy: The thumb is on the- Yeah… Brett: The bow is near the tip. I guess it’s old school, you know? People were actually educated back then. Yeah, back in… whenever this- …whenever this was. Now we’re all.. getting- losing touch. He’s already started then like… – “I’m so sick of these jokes.”
– Wow… He’s been putting up with this for like how many years? Whoa… – Dude, she’s shifting!
– Noti- Yeah, I know! You can use other fingers as well. – Just so you know.
– Yeah. – Twinkle Little Star!
– Mary had a little- Yes! Well, there you go! Did you enjoy watching people that don’t practice with us? These people need to see these videos, guys. Please spread the knowledge that the violin is on the left side. Mhm. Tell all your friends, all your family. Spread the knowledge. It’s our duty. Anyway, guys. Please like and subscribe. Keep practicing if you’re watching this. And if you’ve already practiced, and you watched this video, what do you do afterwards? Keep practicing. That’s right! See you guys next time.